Situated on a rise in an undulating landscape. This is depicted as a D-shaped hachured feature attached to an E-W field bank at N only on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map. It is a circular or D-shaped mound (diam. of base c. 20m; H c. 2m) which has many old quarries.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 August 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage