Located on a rise in a fairly level landscape, and within the demesne of Lionsden House which is c. 120m to the W. It is described as a mound in gothic lettering on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered mound (diam. of base 11.5m E-W; H 2m) with some trees, separated by a berm (Wth 3m) from an outer earthen bank (Wth 2m; H 0.35m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 August 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.