Located on a slight rise in a level landscape. It is depicted on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map as a large enclosure and described as a ‘Fort’ on the former. This is a large subcircular grass-covered and slightly domed area (dims c. 90m E-W; c. 75m N-S) defined by an earthen bank, and an outer fosse or ditch NW-E. The interior is cut by a NE-SW field bank and drain SE of the centre, and this field bank and the perimeter around the SE part of the enclosure is covered in bushes. An original entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.