Situated on a level landscape. Only Dopping’s Visitation Book (1682-5), refers to a chapel of St Newglasse at Brannockstown as a chapel-of-ease to Trim (ME036-048012-) (Ellison 1972, 8, 9). There are no visible remains of a church within a rectangular graveyard (dims c. 35m NE-SW; c. 25m NW-SE) with rounded corners retained by a low wall. The graveyard has been extended (dim. c. 50m) NW to a WSW-ENE farm track that allows access from a public road to the NE. There is no evidence of a church in the older part of the graveyard, where headstones date from c. 1790 to c. 1970.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 20 March 2015
.Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.