Situated on a NW-SE rise in a fairly level landscape with a canalised SE-NW section of the Knightsbrook River c. 240m to the NE. It is represented as an oval copse on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a hachured oval feature on the 1912 edition. This is a slightly raised oval and grass-covered area (dims c. 28m NW-SE; c. 21m NE-SW) defined by a fosse (Wth of top 9m; int. D c. 0.7m; ext. D 1m) across the ridge at NW, and a scarp (Wth c. 6m; H c. 1m) elsewhere. An original entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 9 August 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.