Situated at the bottom of a S-facing slope. It is depicted as a rectangular enclosure and described as a ‘Dane’s Fort’ only on a manuscript map (21 F 15 (20) in the National Library of Ireland, which was made in 1789. It is not visible at ground level in pasture, and it does not appear on any aerial images. Its exact location is not known.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.