Located on a S-facing slope. It is depicted as a small copse on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered mound (diam. of base c. 13m; H c. 1.8-2.4m) surrounded by tree-ring bank and outer ditch (ext. diam. c. 25-30m). It is truncated by a NNE-SSW field bank at W.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.