Situated on a prominent NNW-SSE ridge in an undulating landscape. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35m) described as a ‘Fort’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a small mound on the 1912 edition. This is a circular grass-covered mound (diam. 13.7m WNW-ESE; 12.7m NNE-SSW; H 1.5m at S to 1.8m at N).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.