Located on top of a NW-SE esker ridge. It is depicted as a small scrub-covered area on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a hachured oval feature (ext. dims c. 40m N-S; c. 25m E0-W) on the 1912 edition. This is an overgrown oval area (ext. dims c. 30m N-S; c. 20m E-W defined by an earthen bank and outer fosse. An entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.