Located at the summit of a broad hill. A large circular enclosure (diam. c. 55m), slightly truncated by field banks at S and W is represented on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as ‘Derrypatrick Fort’, and it is represented as a D-shaped hachured feature defined by straight field banks at S and W on the 1912 edition. This is a raised rectangular and grass-covered area (dims 43m E-W; 35m N-S) but with no visible fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 August 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage