Located at the summit of a N-S ridge. It is depicted as a mound and described as ‘Crockanshesh Moat’ on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular and grass-covered, though badly poached, earthen mound (diam. of base 20m; H 1.8m at NNW to 3m at SSE) with a rounded top (diam. c. 2m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 August 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage