Situated on a gentle N-facing slope. A church at Clonymeath (Clonynagham in the Extents (White 1943, 20, 30)) is not listed in the historical surveys, although Cogan (1862-70, 2, 370) mentions a chapel here. A circular feature (diam. c. 25m) is marked faintly and described in italic lettering as an ‘Old Burial Ground’ on the 1836 ed. of the OS 6-inch map. It is marked as a hachured feature (diam. c. 30m) and described in italic lettering as a disused burial ground on the 1910 ed. This is a rectangular structure orientated E-W (int. dims 5.8m E-W; 3.8m N-S), which is probably a mortuary enclosure in an unenclosed rectangular burial ground.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 23 March, 2015
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.