Located on a slight rise towards the bottom of a gentle N-facing slope with a small NW-SE canalised stream known as the Derrypatrick River c. 110m to the N. It is described as ‘Culmullin Mote’ on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a subcirsular and grass-covered earthen mound (dims of base 18m NNE-SSW; 16m WNW-ESE: H 2m at S to 2.7m at N) with a rounded top.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.