Located towards the bottom of a gentle N-facing slope. It is depicted as a small embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 25m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’ and as a hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is a circular grass-covered and flat-topped mound (diam. of base 17.7m NW-SE; 15m NE-SW) that slopes down to the NE where it melds into the ground surface. It is defined by a low scarp (at SE: Wth 1.8m; H 0.7m) elsewhere. There is no visible fosse but there are some stones on the perimeter at S.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 August 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.