): Located on a fairly level landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a D-shape hachured feature backing onto a NE-SW field bank and townland boundary with Arodstown at NW. It is a grass-covered quarry but a scarp and outer U-shaped fosse (Wth of top 6m; int. H 2.2m; ext. H 0.8m) survived S-SW in 1969 (SMR file) suggesting it was a platform rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.