Situated on the W-facing slope of a broad hill. It is described as ‘Delany’s Fort’ on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 67.5m NNW-SSE; 61.5m ENE-WSW) defined by an earthen bank (Wth of base c. 5-8m; int. H c. 0.5m; ext. H c. 2.5m) with some bushes that has an outer stone facing NW-E-SSE. There is an outer rounded fosse (Wth of top c. 10m; ext. D c. 1.5m) that is incorporated into the drain of a field bank S-NW. The entrance (Wth of base 3.8m) at ESE. The bank has become more overgrown since 1969 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 August 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.