Situated on a slight N-facing slope in a fairly level landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 40m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and a hachured feature is depicted on the 1912 edition. This is an oval grass-covered area (dims c. 46.5m N-S; c. 33m E-W) defined by a slight scarp (at W: Wth 2.6m; H 0.4m). It is probably the remains of a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.