Situated on a gentle N-facing slope. A subcircular embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 30m NW-SE; c. 25m NE-SW) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is a slightly raised rectangular and grass-covered area (dims 22m N-S; 20m E-W) defined by a slight scarp (at W: Wth 1.1m; H 0.45m; at E: Wth 2.2m; H 0.7m) with slight traces of a fosse (Wth c. 1m). The monument is overlain by ENE-WSW cultivation ridges and it was probably a rath, but an original entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 August 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.