Situated on a fairly level landscape. Relict field banks covering about 2.5 ha (c. 6 acres) are visible on an oblique aerial photograph (CUCAP: APE 7). The banks (Wth c. 3-5m; H up to 0.8m) and scarps (H c. 0.5m) create small rectangular, grass-covered plots (dims c. 14m x c. 16m to c. 20m x c. 30m) with wide silted ditches (Wth c. 3-4m; D c. 0.5m) between them. No house platforms were recognised. Archaeological testing (07E0660) by C. Duffy immediately to the NE produced no related material (excavation.ie 2007:1348).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 August 2019
Amended: 16 February 2021
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.