Situated on a level landscape with a small NNE-SSW section of a canalised stream c. 40m to the SE. It was first identified by G. F. Mitchell (O’Kelly 1954, 152). An area of broken and burnt stone (dims 12m NE-SW; 7m NW-SE) was visible in a ploughed field in 1970 (SMR file). Archaeological testing (17E0658) by J. Whittaker c. 90m to the NW at the closest point produced no related material (excavations.ie 2018:208).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 22 November 2021Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage