Situated on a rise in a gently undulating landscape. This monument is depicted as a small embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 15m) and described as a ‘Mound’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map while it is represented as a hachured feature, also described as a mound, on the 1908 edition. This was described in 1969 (SMR file) a grass-covered circular area (diam. 13m) defined by a small earthen bank and external ditch.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 17 December 2021Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage