Located on a broad WNW-ESE ridge with the WNW-ESE Broad Meadow Water c. 250m to the N, while the parish church of Greenoge (ME045-018----) is c. 70m to the NE. This is a grass-covered circular earthen mound (diam. of base 17.5m N-S; 16m WNW-ESE; H 2.1m at N to 3.5m at S) with a slight berm around the base at S. A trench has been dug across the mound E-W which is now a slightly sunken grass-covered feature (Wth 2m). Locally, this is thought to have happened c. 1920 when nothing was found except what is described as a pavement (SMR file). (Feeley 2001, 49-5, No. 40)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 17 December 2021Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage