Located on a small undisturbed and now overgrown bog and on the boundary between Ardnamullan to the N and Ticroghan to the S. It is depicted as a mound on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map but only described as a mound in italic lettering on the latter. This is a boundary mound probably related to the OS mapping. It does not survive, but there is local information from 1969 (SMR file) that the bog had been cut twice and there was a local memory of a mound of turf on the surface in the area.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.