Now in the Roman Catholic church at Ballinbrackey and thought to have come from Ballyboggan Abbey (ME046-018----) (Callary 1957). Three panels of an early sixteenth century tomb chest (Hunt 1974, 203-4) are displayed on the inside of the SW wall of the transept. The figures represented include The Holy Trinity (Roe 1979, 107, 129), St John the Baptist, and a Madona.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 30 March 2016Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.