Situated in a rise in a gently undulating landscape with a small canalised N-S stream c. 40m to the E and turning SW to run c. 50m S of the monument. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and an oval hachured feature is represented on the 1912 edition. This is a slightly raised grass and scrub-covered oval platform (dims c. 30m NE-SW; c. 15m NW-SE) the S part of which has been quarried. It is probably a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 August 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage