Situated on a hillock in a level landscape with the canalised Clonard stream c. 60m to the SW. This is an oval grass-covered platform (dims of top 40m E-W; 21m N-S) defined by a scarp (H c. 2m) with a berm at the base. There is a wide entrance (Wth of base 4m) at SE, and a slight scarp defines the bottom of the hillock. Rath (ME047-002----) is immediately to the W. Archaeological testing (04E1623) by S. Turrell c. 140m to the S on the other side of the river in Towlagh townland produced no related material (excavations.ie 2004:1358).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 13 August 2019
Amended: 14 July 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.