Situated at the crest of a NE-facing slope down to a canalised WNW-ESE section of the Clonard River, which is c. 320m to the N. It is depicted on the undated manuscript map (2161, (48)) in NLI, and it is represented as a small copse on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered mound (diam. of base 31m N-S; 30m E-W; H 3.4m E-S to 4.7-5.2m W-N) surrounded by an earth bank (Wth c. 2m; H 0.3-0.5m) with an outer ditch.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 13 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.