Located on a SW-facing slope with the platform earthwork (ME048-014----) c. 80m to the NE. The cropmark of a circular enclosure (diam. c. 20m) in a cereal crop is visible on oblique aerial photograph (CUCAP: AHM 80). It is also visible on Google Earth (18/04/29009). Archaeological testing (05E0627) by R. Meenan c. 50m to the NE produced evidence of a ditch (Wth of top 1.4m plus; D 1.1m plus) close to the road, and a spread of burnt clay overlying the subsoil. The ditch was filled with a brown clay and produced some bone but no artefacts, and neither a date nor context can be ascribed to it (excavation.ie 2005:1236).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 13 August 2019
Amended: 16 February 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.