Situated on a slight rise in a low-lying landscape with an E-W canalised section of the Blackwater River c. 80m to the S. This is a raised platform (dims of top 20m WNW-ESE; 16m NNE-SSW; dims of base 36m WNW-ESE: 33m NNE-SSW) defined by scarps (Wth 8m; H 3-3.2m). There is a low bank with trees on the E edge of the summit, but there is no visible fosse or entrance. The monument is preserved within a fallow area but archaeological testing (05E0185) by J. O’Neill c. 50m to the NE at the closest point produced no archaeological material (excavations.ie 2005:1185).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 14 August 2019
Amended: 18 February 2021
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.