Located on rise on a gentle W-facing slope. A circular enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a broad subcircular area (ext. dims c. 60m ENE-WSW; c. 52m NNW-SSE) on the 1912 edition. It had been removed by 1969 (SMR file) but was traceable as an oval area (int. dims c. 46m E-W; c. 36m N-S) defined by the traces of a wide fosse (Wth c. 4.5-7m) but an entrance was not identified. The rath is visible on aerial images (OSAP: 2005) and Google Earth (16/04/2003; 02/03/2010; 24/03/2012; 04/05/2019).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.