Marked on the 1837 ed. of the OS 6-inch map as a small feature and described in gothic lettering as a ‘Mound’. It was described as a circular mound (diam. 24m E-W, H 1.6m) truncated by ditch at S and with the holy well (ME049-014001-) at the centre (Moore 1987, 34), but the well has been conserved since 1985, and the mound is no longer prominent.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 11 September, 2015Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.