Situated on a fairly level landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35-40m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. c. 48m) defined by slight traces of a fosse (Wth c. 4m). Traces of a cropmark enclosure (int. diam. c. 35m) are visible on aerial images (OSAP: 2005; 2012) and on Google Earth (24/03/2012; 28/06/2018).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.