Located in a fairly level landscape. A small embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 25m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 9m) defined by two concentric fosses and outer banks (max. ext. diam. 25m). It is faintly visible on Google Earth (28/06/2018).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 August 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.