Located on a slight S-facing slope. It is described as a ‘Mote’ on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This was described in 1969 (SMR file) as a circular grass-covered mound (diam. of base c. 25m; diam. of top 14m NNE-SSW; H 0.8-1m generally to 1.8m at S). It had no kerb or visible fosse. It is visible as a subrectangular cropmark (int. dims c. 15m NW-SE; c. 12m NE-SW) with rounded corners defined by a single fosse feature on Google Earth (24/06/2018). The ring-ditch (ME050-004001-) is c. 5m to the E.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 20 February 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.