Situated on a fairly level landscape. An oblique aerial photograph (CUCAP: BDK008) from 1970 shows the rath (ME050-006----) with a rectangular enclosure (dims c. 35m N-S; c. 35m E-W) defined by banks and ditches attached to the S as well as field banks further N. No pattern is discernible but the earthworks cover about 12 acres (c. 5 ha). The visible profile had been removed by 1995 (OSAP). Archaeological testing (02E1388) by D. O’Connor in the N part of the fields just NW of the circular enclosure failed to produce any evidence of the fields (excavations.ie 2002:1431).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 29 October 2021
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.