Situated on a rise in a fairly level landscape. A large embanked circular enclosure is depicted on the 1836 (ext. diam. c. 85m NW-SE; c. 75m NE-SW) and 1908 (ext. diam. c. 80-85m) editions of the OS 6-inch map, with a NW-SE road circumventing it on the SW side on both editions. It was described in 1969 (SMR file) as a circular area (int. diam. 68m ENE-WSW; 64m NNW-SSE) defined by the remains of a fosse and circumvented by the road SE-WNW. There was no identifiable entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 29 October 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.