Situated on a level landscape. The cropmarks of small fields or plots (dims c. 20-4m x c. 50-60m) defined by wide ditches is visible on an oblique aerial photograph (CUCAP: AJT071) from 1964 and on Google Earth (30/05/2009; 12/07/2013). They cover an area of about 4 hectares (c. 10 acres) and they are depicted as two fields on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. They may have been connected with the retting of flax and be post-medieval in date.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 5 November 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.