Situated on a rise in a fairly level landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 55m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and an arc of hachures represents it on the 1912 edition. This is a subcircular grass-covered area (dims 49m N-S; 42m E-W) defined by a scarp that merges into the natural slope NE-W. There is no visible fosse or identifiable entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 13 August 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage