The bridge at Castlejordan is depicted on the Down Survey (1656-8) map of Moyfenrath barony (see this web-page accessed on 21/07/2016: http://downsurvey.tcd.ie/down-survey-maps.php#bm=Moyfenrath&c=Meath The causeway on the W side of bridge has two arches (Wth 2.7m) of undressed stone, both of which have wicker centring. The causeway has been expanded on N side
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 16 August 2016Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.