Situated in a fold between hills c. 350m to the W and c. 630m to the ENE with an arc of higher ground connecting the hills c. 200m to the S. A small copse (diam. c. 30m) c. 200m SSW of Newtown House is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map together with other similar features. It is the only such feature in the vicinity surviving on the 1908 6-inch map where it is represented as a hachured feature, and it is still extant, but it is probably an ornamental tree-ring.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 5 September 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage