From Bradley and King (1985, 1, 81): 16th century. This is a rectangular (Wth 0.61m; H 0.6m; T 0.12m) plaque of fossiliferous limestone on the S wall of the church tower. It has a heater-shaped shield in false relief, depicting a winged horse rampant with staff and banner. The banner has two crossed swords and four Tudor roses. The crest consists of a kneeling horse placed between the letters N and D. In the spandrels at the base of the shield are two interlace designs. The initials have been identified as those of Nicholas Daly (O’Connell 1960, 20) although Dopping (1682-5) read it as Nicholas Duragon (Ellison 1973, 7). It is 16th century in date. (FitzGerald 1898-1900, 455-6) Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.