From Potterton (2005, App. 13, 394-5, No. 1, Fig. 11, 1)
Set at floor level into north end of the west wall inside the tower of St Patrick's church (ME036-048012-), this small, coffin-shaped limestone cross-slab probably dates to the thirteenth or fourteenth century. It has an incised cross, the terminals, knop and centre of which are formed from compass-made circles. It was discovered during restoration work in 1937, ‘built into the north wall of the church, near the present organ chamber’ (from a placard). [Length: 69cm; Width: 26cm at top, decreasing to 16cm at bottom; Depth: 15cm].
Date of upload: 16 February, 2015Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.