Three sandstone high crosses that are rather plain apart from roll mouldings, the base of another, a cross-slab and an ogham stone are displayed in the graveyard (ME016-006007-) of the early monastery of Diseart Chiaran (ME016-006----) (O'Connell 1957). The west cross (H 2.08m) has a broken S arm and the shaft (dims 0.37m x 0.24m) is on a plain base (dims at base 0.91m x 0.75m; H c. 0.56m). The cross is completely undecorated (Harbison 1992, vol. 1, 42).
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 6 June, 2014Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage