Located on a rise at the NW foot of Tullaghmedan Hill. Beneath the barrow (ME037-027----) and excavated about 4 feet (c. 1.2m) into the limestone gravel natural an urn and bronze sword ‘eighteen inches long (c. 0.45m)’ were unearthed but there is no record of a burial or cremation. The artefacts were donated to the museum of the Royal Irish Academy. (Searake 1850)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 21 August 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage