A field walking survey on the site of the Battle of the Boyne 1690 in 2000 revealed a number of notable flint concentrations. The material dated broadly to the Neolithic and Early Bronze age periods. This particular concentration was located above a break in slope demarcated by an island of tree planting (Cooney et al 2001, 43, Appendix 4, Fig. 11).
Compiled by Geraldine Stout
Date of upload: 13 February 2012
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.