This is Concentration C, an area of 34 square metres that is S of the great mound and situated between Tombs 3 and 4. No features are connected with a collection of pottery, but just to the N was an area of cobbling, a small pit and a small area reddened by burning. Amongst the 176 stone objects recovered were a chert leaf-shaped arrowhead and a flint barbed-and-tanged arrowhead. Over 1000 sherds of Beaker pottery were recorded representing about 80 vessels. The principal form appears to be of the general Bell Beaker type. Cord and comb impressions, along with incision, are the commonest methods of decoration in horizontal bands. (Eogan 1984, 270-86; Eogan and Roche 1997, 228-32)
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 06 November 2013
Amended: 17 September 2020
See the attached plan:
_1 Cemetery plan from Knowth 6, Fig. 2:1Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.