This is one of two cists discovered within 1.2m of each other in a barrow (ME009-060----) during 1935, but which were removed before they could be investigated. Grave 2 was approximately the same size as Grave 1 but it had a large capstone (Shee-Twohig 2001, 117). (Raftery 2011 346)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
One of two short cists uncovered during 1935 in centre of a barrow (ME009-060----), 'a circular enclosure of very slight elevation, and further surrounded by a very shallow ditch' (diam. c. 25m) (JRSAI 1970, 101n, 126). (NMI file; Cahill & Sikora 2011, 345-348)Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage