Situated on a slight W-E spur with a SW-NE section of the River Boyne c. 60m to the S and a small WNW-ESE stream in a fold c. 25m to the N. The parish church of Newtown Clonbun (ME036-049005-) is towards the E end of a large triangular graveyard (max. dims c. 140m ENE-WSW; c. 65m NNW-SSE) defined by masonry walls with the apex at E, which it shares with the Cathedral (ME036-049002-), which is c. 55m to the WSW of the church. The holed stone (ME036-049009-) is in the graveyard, which has headstones dating from c. 1750 to the present.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 17 February, 2015Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.