The site of the parish church of Drumcondra (ME006-012001-) is within a rectangular graveyard (dims c. 68m NW-SE; c. 40m N-S; at E to c. 56m NNE-SSW at W) defined by masonry walls. The present Church of Ireland church of St. Peter was built within the graveyard in 1766 (Lewis 1837, vol. 1, 514). The graveyard has a cross-slab (ME006-012002-) but the font (ME006-012003-) has been moved to Siddan (ME006-056004-). Archaeological testing (98E0157) by Deirdre Murphy c. 60m NW of the graveyard produced no related material (excavations.ie 1998:506). Archaeological testing (04E0609) by D. Neillis just E of the graveyard identified a pit (dims c. 2m x 1m plus; D 0.5m plus) from which a piece of medieval pottery was recovered but the pit is now preserved in a garden (excavations.ie 2004: 1222).
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 20 May, 2014
Amended: 9 July, 2014, 16 February 2021, 12 July 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.