Located towards the E end of the E-W ridge of Bellewstown, and in a low N-S ridge just W of mound (ME027-029----). A short rectangular cist was found c. 1890, when it was reputed that an urn “of fairly large size… and elaborately ornamented, containing burnt bones was found.’ The cist was still extant in 1933 and measured c. 137cm x 127cm overall, with the main axis aligned N-S (NMI file). It is no longer extant. The ring-ditch (ME027-110----) is c. 50m to the E. (Waddell 1970, 126; 1990, 123)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 15 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.